What is the Effect of Ozone on Disinfection?
Ozone disinfection destroys the cell membrane of odor molecules and microorganisms, destroying them. Due to its ability to destroy microorganisms, ozone is not a disinfectant, but a sterile group.
Ozone has 3.125 times stronger disinfection effect than chlorine under the same conditions. Ozone gas transforms into its raw material, oxygen, in 30 minutes in an open environment, between 8-12 hours in a closed package without leaving any residual residue. To quickly remove the effect of ozone in the environment, you just need to ventilate the environment.
Ozone sterilization was recommended in the report of the World Health Organization published in 1979.
What Are the Benefits of Ozone?
Ozone is the strongest oxidant known,
• It does not harm the environment, it is environmentally friendly,
• It does not contain chemicals,
• It does not leave residue or residue after use,
• It is antibacterial.
• It acts immediately, leaves no residue,
• It is 3.125 times more effective than chlorine,
• Prevents and eliminates bacteria, mold, spores, germs and fungi.
• 3125 times more effective than chlorine.
• It prevents the formation of many airborne bacteria,
• Eliminates waste from chemical substances,
• Instantly oxidizes odor, bacteria, mold, spores, germs and fungi,
• It prevents the reproduction of pests and pests,
Safe to use in foods,
• Cannot be stored, produced on site,
• It must be used in accordance with expert advice.
Some other sectors where ozone is used;
• Instead of pre-chlorination in drinking water treatment plants,
• In filling water or rinsing water in drinking water bottling plants
• KOI oxidation in waste water in organic matter removal,
• In iron-manganese oxidation, removal from water by ozonation + filtration,
• Oxidation of nitrite to nitrate
• Oxidation of toxic substances such as cyanide, phenol, azotoxides, pesticides, chlorinated hydrocarbons,
• Color removal in wastewater,
• In optimizing the biological treatability of wastewater and increasing the BOD / COD ratio,
• Oxidation of odor-causing organics in the air,
• In dosing ozone instead of biocide in cooling towers,
• Food, beverage, etc. made with CIP chemicals. cleaning of production lines in industries,
• Swimming pools in circulation water,
• Fish hatcheries,
• In poultry farms,
• In animal shelters,
• In chemical synthesis in the chemical industry,
• In bleaching with chlorine-chlordioxide in the paper industry,
• For the purpose of treatment and protection in medical fields,
• Extending the life of vegetables and fruits in cold storage depots,
• In spice processing plants,
• In food factories,
• Removal of pesticide residues,
• In the elimination of mold, bacteria and similar microorganisms,
• To eliminate the burning smell after fire and
• Ozone is used to remove all kinds of unwanted odors.